Umbau DEQX HDP3 oder neue DACs?

Klangfreund
Aktiver Hörer

Beitrag von Klangfreund »

Haha :D Das ging ja fix. Die Asitek Seite ist nicht mehr aktuell. Er hat das tuning weiterentwickelt und andere Ansätze gehabt. Warte immer noch auf Antwort aus Amerika.... Ich muss mich leider bis morgen entscheiden ob ich die Digital out Karte kaufe. Sonst gehen die beiden letzen Exemplare nach Australien :(

Werde weiter berichten was es neues von der Front gibt

cheers
Bild
wgh52
Aktiver Hörer
Beitrag von wgh52 »

Hab gerade an DDDAC.com geschrieben, wegen I²S Anbindung und so...
Mal sehen was da kommt. Der Junge sitzt übrigens in Wiesbaden -> Ulli...? :wink:

Gruß,
Winfried

Bild
Klangfreund
Aktiver Hörer

Ok Ulli :D

hier mal die Infos die ich bisher habe. Ich kopiere mal Teile der Mails hierhin....
Those mods/rebuilds I detailed would be around $2100. I would also mod the digital input section with better coupling capacitors and wiring (hard solder, instead of the push-on connector that will degrade signal quality due to oxidations!), and the analog input section as well with better parts (opamps, signal caps, etc). This is needed as the stock parts are very mediocre in quality . The digital and analog input mods are $250.

Ok, If you buy external DAC's and clock, then you will be basically doing a redundant task. And your outputs will still be stock on those dac's. If you modify the deqx, then you will have modified dac outputs, which will sound better because they use I2s and you do not pick up the interfere like you will with the digital output card because of the short signal traces on the DEQX motherboard. Plus the EMI/RFI on the digital cable, the connections, power supplies, etc.. The best sounding route is always when you have the shortest possible signal using the best digital interfacing (I2s).

More dynamic and blacker background sound like clock/clock psu mods, bybee music rails, power supply mods, voltage regulation, and EMI/RFI shielding. I am doing the shielding now and the bybee music rails. I shielded the entire chassis lid and underneath the unit and it made a huge difference (blacker backgrounds). I have done the analog output stage a little differently for improved performance, along with much needed shielding in places. I have even remote mounted the internal power supply transformer outside the case so that there will be less noise inside the HDP-3...
:cheers:
Bild
Klangfreund
Aktiver Hörer

Achso... die Digital Outputkarte soll 520 Euro kosten. Ein teurer Spaß wenn Sie qualitativ schlecht ist :)
Bild
wgh52
Aktiver Hörer
Beitrag von wgh52 »

Matthias,

520 € sind zwar schon eine Ansage! Aber
Klangfreund hat geschrieben:... qualitativ schlecht ...
ist eine zu starke Vereinfachung. Ich sagte lediglich, sie sei nicht mehr modern und meine man könnte heute mit modernen Bauelementen billiger und besser bauen (ich kann's leider nicht selbst). Das Budget für externe DACs mit I²S Verbindungen (ziemlich sicher DIY...) zu verwenden könnte eine Lösung sein; es gibt bereits einen Steckverbinder im Gerät, wo das DigOutBoard angeschlossen wird, an dem die I²S Signale für die DACs bereitgestellt werden. 8)

Gruß,
Winfried

Bild
Klangfreund
Aktiver Hörer

Sollte es solche Dac´s geben. Und die wären auch noch gut, dann bräuchte ich die Karte ja gar nicht, weil man dann direkt an die Internen I2s Ports geht. Richtig?

Zur Not würde sich bestimmt auch jemand finden der mir so eine Digital output karte auch zusammenlöten könnte.. Scheint ja nicht das aufwändigste Ding zu sein. :D
Bild
wgh52
Aktiver Hörer
Beitrag von wgh52 »

Matthias,

also als "trivial" würde ich die Geschichte lieber nicht verstanden wissen wollen! :cheers:

Mit DDDACs könnte das gehen. I²S über 20-40 cm Flachbandleitung zu verbinden sollte OK sein (geht ja beim DigOutBoard auch :wink: ). Ob im HDP-3 genug Platz für die neu-DAC-Lösung wäre weis ich nicht, aber beim PDC müsste man neue DACs auf jeden Fall extern aufbauen (könnte man mit besserer Stromversorgung kombinieren) ... Ich träume :roll:

Gruß,
Winfried

Bild
Klangfreund
Aktiver Hörer

Danke Winfried,
dann werde ich die Karte erst mal nicht kaufen.
Der Herr meint zwar das man so ein guten Sprung nach vorne macht. Aber ich weiß nicht ob das nicht verkäuferisch gemeint war.

Er wollte mir seine alten Mytek DAC´s verkaufen....
Das sollte dann eine mächtige Verbesserung sein.

Er hat mir ein Angebot gemacht, das ich alles testen könnte. Würde mich ca. 150 Euro kosten...mhhhhh
Bild
Breti
Aktiver Hörer

Beitrag von Breti »

150€ für die Karte + 3 DACs? Also dafür würd ich es einfach kaufen :)

Viele Grüße,
Thomas
Bild
wgh52
Aktiver Hörer
Beitrag von wgh52 »

Thomas,

soweit ich verstehe sind es 150 € für's Testen.

Gruß,
Winfried

Bild
Klangfreund
Aktiver Hörer

Die Dac Sache sieht übrigens super aus.
Das wäre eine tolle Sache. Scheint ja auch selbst ein Entwickler zu sein. Vielleicht würde der ein Ding für uns bauen mit passenden Anschlüssen. :D

Die DAC´s scheinen ja einen guten Preis zu haben :cheers:
Und alles sieht auf den ersten Blick echt gut aus.
Bild
Klangfreund
Aktiver Hörer

Genau. Als Pauschale für Versand + Versicherung ...
Bild
Klangfreund
Aktiver Hörer

So, :D habe neue Nachrichten bekommen. Klingt alles recht logisch...
Hi Mathias,,

No digital output needed.... (though if you do use it, it could be modified....) however its a redundancy because that digital output signal picks up noise and you deal with extra power supplies generating noise in the separate dacs (which are stock btw). plus since the deqx is a processor, you are already sending digital (or analog, which is then converted to digital) into the deqx, which means now more signal for that digital circuit to travel through and out of into and through cables into to external dac's.... not the best for sound. It's best to keep things as short and simple as possible. I have been down this road so many times as I have modded well over 1000 dac's over the years and single player units. I have found that the external digital connection is no good for sound because of the bandwidth limitations of spdif (and noise pickup, plus eddy currents from the connectors/connections degrade the signal........) but also the issue with distance of the signal of i2s. (I have done sonic and noise tests and different i2s signal lengths..) I have been sent PDC-2.6 and HDP-3 with the i2s mod output. This mod really should not be done because i2s is a "chipset to chipset" protocol and should be run very short distances (<5 inches). I2S was not designed to run outside from component to component (hence coaxial spdif, toslink, aes/beu, these all use transmitter/receiver chipsets to properly send a digital signal over long distance (over 12 inches). When you run i2s more than 5 inches, you get loss and degradation and you will pick up stray EMI/RFI into the very critical clocking and data signals. if you try using a buffer/amplifier, it wrecks the original signal because the noise of the buffer and the circuit parts within. I have complete in-depth testing with i2s and spdif. If you want the best sound, do not use spdif, because it is a bottleneck limited digital . You best bet is always the closest and simplest solution, and this is the DAC's inside the DEQX (or any other component for that matter).

You ask, what is the best way to do digital?? The best way to do digital is keep it i2s and short as possible and keep it HARDWIRED with silver wire, shielding and special soldering process. digital signals do not like breaks (ie:connections). circuit boards butted up together and very short Limits bandwidth and cuts the emotion and adds grain/grift and "shrilly plastic sound". I use a SD card player as my main source and it is hard wired i2s into my 100% digital amp, thus I have a true 100% digital system and unmatched sound because there are NO DAC Chips! so there is none of the "conversion noise" happening and extremely short signal from input source to amp chips.

Now in 2014, we are plagued more than ever with ambient air noise pollution. I use a optoelectronics frequency scanner to measure ambient signals and signal strengths. So many noises out there today. There are many laptop computers (throws off high freq noises from the processors), tablets, cell phones, WIFI routers, local broadcast transmitters, etc and these ambient signals will degrade the sound and limit the signal to noise ratio (meaning no black backgrounds, the problem your dealing with now). The best bet is a complete shielding of the unit (and I would do others like power cords and interconnects).
Back in 1990, we did not have these noises as we do today, then as technology has grown into the 2000's the AC mains got much dirtier and there were more ambient off-air signals present. Now into the mid 2010's decade I am seeing more than ever! This means diminished audio performance for all.

It's all about the noise from the AC mains, and from ambient air pollution from other devices and transmitters).

The mod entails the master clock upgrade to the dexa clock and dedicated low noise psu to lower jitter to the main DSP processing, power supply rebuild (low impedance super fast diodes, ultra low impedance rubycon/Panasonic capacitors) to lower noise overall for fasting reactance, better bass and blacker backgrounds, power supply voltage regulation upgrade to the Dexa UWB (ultra wide bandwidth) regulators (substainally lower noise than stock!). Bybee Music Rails upgrade for the power supplies of DAC, clock and analog output stage. Drops noise down by up to 45db to gain much blacker backgrounds and hear finer, more subtle details that are not present currently.
Elaborate EMI/RFI shielding on the DEQX chassis, lids, chipsets, wiring. AC input wiring upgrade/shielding. upgraded national semiconductor opamps for the analog stages to gain more soundstage width/depth/height and improve clarity.

Your source is as important as the DEQX. The source would need the same mods to be fully optimized (psu mods, bybee music rails, dexa clocks, psu's, bybee filters, external low impedance battery supplies, digital output upgrade, etc), then the sound will be more open than ever and hear things new and in new emotional way.
Bild
Klangfreund
Aktiver Hörer

Wie auch immer man es schafft Dinge als Zitat einzublenden :D Sorry
Bild
wgh52
Aktiver Hörer
Beitrag von wgh52 »

Vielen Dank Matthias!

Bringt einiges (mir) neues, einiges bekanntes, jedenfalls interessant. Erste Konsequenz: Bestmögliche Stromversorgung, mit allen Teilen im Gehäuse bleiben und die I²S Verbindungen so kurz und gut wie möglich machen. Heißt für die PDCler wohl: Wenn schon neue DACs, dann gleich alles in ein größeres Gehäuse bauen :shock: Was für ein Projekt :cheers:

Gruß,
Winfried

PS:

Code: Alles auswählen

Zitate einleiten mit [quote] und beenden mit [/quote]
Bild
Antworten