Streamervarianten

Antworten
Bernd Peter
Aktiver Hörer

Streamervarianten

Beitrag von Bernd Peter »

Hallo,

da reden wir von Streaming und jede bekannte Technik macht eigentlich was anderes.

PC-Streaming mit JPlay, der Controll-PC ist wohl zuständig für Graphik und Dateiverwaltung und schickt die Rohdaten an den Audio-PC, der daraus einen ungetakteten Musikstream herstellt und an den USB-DAC weiterleitet.

Das MAC-Book erzeugt einen getakteten Musikstream und schickt das an die La Rosita zur D/A Wandlung.

Linn Streamer sind die Steuerzentrale für das NAS (Dateiausgabe) und Tablet/PC (Graphische Oberfläche), im Linn wird aus den Daten ein Musikstream, der anschließend getaktet und analog gewandelt wird.

Lieg ich richtig?

Gruß

Bernd Peter
Bild
vincent kars
Aktiver Hörer
Beitrag von vincent kars »

IMHO it is by and large a matter of using technical words in a sloppy way.

One has a PC used for audio only and e.g. a USB DAC as an audio device.
All of a sudden, this PC is called a music server and playing the audio is called streaming to the DAC.
If you use a PC for word processing only and print the document over the USB would you call this PC a text server and are you “streaming” the text to a printer?

In my book, streaming is about client/server over the network.
You have a server, a box containing the data hanging in your network waiting for clients.
You have a renderer, a client hanging around in the network cable of playing the data.
You have a control point (might be on the renderer or today more and more common, a smart phone or a tablet) attached to the network.
That is what I call streaming, using network protocols like UPnP/DLNA or Airplay.
But it is me, losing my uphill battle against a world calling a PC running a media player a music server.
Bild
Bernd Peter
Aktiver Hörer

Beitrag von Bernd Peter »

Hello Vincent,

thanks for your note.

best regards

Bernd Peter
Bild
Antworten