Joop (Braun LV 720)

audiophile Biografien unserer Mitglieder
Forumsregeln
Bei Vorstellungen steht die persönliche, subjektive Erfahrungswelt des Verfassers im Vordergrund. Insbesondere soll die Vorstellung als "Visitenkarte" des Mitglieds gewürdigt bzw. respektiert werden. Dialoge sollten hier vorrangig mit dem Verfasser und nicht mit Dritten geführt werden. Siehe auch die Forumsregeln.
Antworten
Harmony
Aktiver Hörer

Joop (Braun LV 720)

Beitrag von Harmony »

It is a pleasure for me to place my first posting on this forum. :)

I use the Braun studio line 1020 since 1975. This is a combination of the Braun pre-amp CSQ 1020 and the active Braun speakersystem LV 720. I own six speakers of them and have two CSQ 1020 preamps. I use this system daily without any technical problems!

I find the system of active speakers superior over 'conventional' speaker system without built in amplifiers. The sound of my active system is still very good. It have a bright and deep soundstage.

My source is the CD player Marantz SA 7001 KI and two Sony ES CD players. My turntables are the Technics SL 110 with the SME 3009 and the Thorens TD 125 also with the SME 3009. Both are executed with Ortofon MM cartridges.

The Braun CSQ have an excellent headphone amp (300 ohm) for my Sehnheisser HD 600 and HD 650. The sound of my headphone set is almost the same like my LV speakers.

The reason why is still use my LV 720 is because of its excellent sound and technical reliability also in comparison with newer (expensive) systems today! In the High-End world active speaker systems are often underrated but in fact this speaker system is one of the best ways to solve technical speaker system problems. In Germany active speaker systems seems more populair than in the rest of the world...

I think this forum is the only in the world about this speaker system. 8)

Greetings,

Joop, from Rotterdam Holland

N.B. My postings don't need to be answered in English because I can read Germany but it is for me rather difficult to write the German language in a right way. Sorry for that!
Bild
wgh52
Aktiver Hörer
Beitrag von wgh52 »

"Goode Middag" nach Rotterdam!

Joop,

einen weiteren LV 720 Enthusiasten hier zu haben ist wirklich toll! Ich glaube Du bist Nummer Drei. Rudolf macht ja erfolgreich einiges an Modifikationen mit seiner LV 720, vielleicht ist das ja auch etwas für Dich!

Willkommen hier im Forum und viel Spass beim Mitmachen!

Wir haben ja hier einige "Vintage HiFi" Sammler, darum wäre es schön auch Deine Schätze als Bilder zu sehen!

Gruss,
Winfried
Bild
Rudolf
Webmaster

Beitrag von Rudolf »

Hartelijk welkom, Joop!

I very much appreciate your offer to follow our discussion in German und begrüße dich hiermit auch auf Deutsch.

Gutes über die Braun LV 720 zu berichten, heißt zumindest bei mir Eulen nach Athen tragen. Ich freue mich also sehr, dass du deren sechs(!) in Betrieb hast. Hast du vielleicht auch ein Foto von deinem Hörzimmer für uns?

Übrigens sind die Niederländer Pioniere in Sachen geregelte Aktivlautsprecher; siehe hierzu auch den Aufsatz von Klaassen/de Koning: Bewegingstegenkoppeling bij luidsprekers.

Ich freue mich auf eine angeregte Diskussion.

Viele Grüße
Rudolf
Bild
Harmony
Aktiver Hörer

Beitrag von Harmony »

Rudolf hat geschrieben:Übrigens sind die Niederländer Pioniere in Sachen geregelte Aktivlautsprecher...
In Haarlem (the Netherlands) there is a very successful factory of an active speakersystem called The PiedPiper. The price of this active speaker system is about € 2,500 each.

Many Dutch musicians use this speaker system for its outstanding music reproduction. Concertpianist Wibi Soerjadi uses his Piedpiper for professional use. Listen for instance to his CD called 'a touch of romance' (Philips 454149-2) with works of Debussy, Chopin, Schubert etc.
Bild
Harmony
Aktiver Hörer

Beitrag von Harmony »

Music equipment is not my target in itself, but it is the music that matters ... because I love music. :D

Since '60 I buy and collect LP's and since '82 also CD's. I have a collection of more than 2000 LP's and 2000 CD's. 70% of my collection exist of classical music and 20% of Jazz. The other 10% is for easy listening and 'crossover' music!

Within the classical music I am a very lover of symphonical music. My favourit composers are Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Mahler, Ravel, Strawinsky and Shostakowich. But I am also a great lover of opera. Mozart, Verdi, Wagner, Bizet, Gounod, Puccini etc. are my favourite composers.

I am a fan of the Concertgebouworkest Amsterdam and often I visit their concerts. On the CD and LP I have many recordings of the Concertgebouworkest, Berliner Philharmoniker, Wiener Philharmoniker and many British and American orchestras. My favourite conductors are Bruno Walter, Pierre Monteux, von Karajan, Bernard Haitink, George Solti, Maazel and many others... My favourite opera voices are Callas ,Sutherland, Pavarotti, Carreras, and Domingo.

At the moment I am listening to the complete symphonies of Shostakowitch played by the WDR Sinfonieorchester with Rudolf Barshai as conductor. 11 CD's recorded in the '90 in the Philharmonie Koln by the Westdeutschen Rundfunk Koln. The recording quality is excellent and you actice speaker system will give al the benefits :D The performance of these works are first class and the WDR Symphonyorchestra can compete with this works with the best orchestras in the world.

In the Netherlands you buy this box with 'Kruidvat drug-stores' for about € 29,-. 8) I don't know where you can get this box 'cheap' in Germany.

Gruss,

Joop
Bild
Harmony
Aktiver Hörer

Beitrag von Harmony »

More information about the Braun preamp CSQ 1020 specially made for the Braun active speakers LV 720

http://www.braun-hifi-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=94
Bild
Harmony
Aktiver Hörer

Beitrag von Harmony »

More pictures of the Braun 1000/1020 serie including the Braun CSQ 1020 and tuner CE 1020

http://thomasm.bock.free.fr/photoalbum1-3.html
Bild
Harmony
Aktiver Hörer

Beitrag von Harmony »

More information about the Braun active speaker system LV 720 from:

'Privates Braun-Forum - Für Liebhaber und Sammler der Braun-Unterhaltungselektronik"

http://www.braun-hifi-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=391

http://www.braun-hifi-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=373
Bild
Harmony
Aktiver Hörer

Beitrag von Harmony »

Vintage: Braun audio & design

Review in the Dutch HiFi magazine hifi.nl Vintage: Braun audio & design

"German proud"

with link to aktives-hoeren.de :D

Rob Nijman gives a review (unfortunately in Dutch) of the Braun vintage line in the past. An excellent article about the Braun technique and design. In Holland Braun Hi-Fi is not very well known. Dieter Rams as Braun designer is in Holland more known as well.
Bild
Rudolf
Webmaster

Beitrag von Rudolf »

Hallo Joop,

besten Dank für den Link, aus dem ich zitiere:
www.hifi.nl hat geschrieben:Op één van de Duitse discussiefora is zelfs een complete afdeling gewijd aan actieve speakers, waar de LV720 uiteraard ook de nodige aandacht krijgt.
Selbstverständlich bekommt der LV 720 bei uns die ihm gebührene Andacht! :D :wink:

Viele Grüße
Rudolf
Bild
Harmony
Aktiver Hörer

Beitrag von Harmony »

Last weekend I bought the Braun 'preciever' CES 1020 in nice condition.
In combination with the Braun LV 720's it gives an excellent sound :D

Also the tuner part have an extremely good sound. Besides Rudolf I am the second happy owner of this Braun equipment on this forum. :roll:

http://www.stereo.de/index.php?id=556
Bild
Rudolf
Webmaster

Beitrag von Rudolf »

Hi Joop,

I am glad to read that you have successfully completed your active chain of Braun audio components.

Perhaps we can also get a chance to see them? :D

Regards
Rudolf
Bild
musikgeniesser
Aktiver Hörer

ECHTE STILIKONEN DER 70ER

Beitrag von musikgeniesser »

Moin Joop,
moin Forenten,

Braun CES 1020, ist das nicht ein quadrophones Gerät? Ich habe noch einen Braun-Katalog von 1974. Vielleicht sollte ich den einmal scannen.

Während ich hier so schreibe, kommen die Erinnerungen langsam wieder: ich würde sagen, es ist ein stereophones Gerät und es gab dazu ein Quadrophonie-Ergänzungsgerät mit halber Gehäusebreite. Das könnte CSQ 1020 heißen.

Jetzt habe ich ein wenig gegoogelt und bin noch ein bisschen schlauer: der CSQ ist ein vollwertiger Quadro-Vorverstärker mit voller, also normaler, Breite: 45 cm. Vollwertig insofern, als er vierkanalige Signalverarbeitung erlaubt. Was fehlt, ist ein CD-4-Demodulator, den es als Extra-Gerät gab. Das hatte halbe Gehäusebreite. Näheres habe ich hier gefunden.

Herzliche Grüße nach Holland*)

PETER

*) Ich bin der vermutlich einzige Nicht-Niederländer der Welt, ganz sicher aber dieses Forums, der zwischen den Niederlanden und Holland unterscheidet. Da ich mich in den Niederlanden nicht auskenne, habe ich eben wikipedia bemüht, wo denn Rotterdam liegt, also Holland oder nicht. Süd-Holland, wie ich eben gelernt habe, heißt die Provinz, also Holland.
Bild
Harmony
Aktiver Hörer

Beitrag von Harmony »

Dear Peter,
musikgeniesser hat geschrieben:Braun CES 1020, ist das nicht ein quadrophones Gerät?
The Braun CES 1020 is a Stereo-tuner-preamp:

http://wegavision.pytalhost.com/braun74/braun74-26.jpg

In fact it is the Braun receiver CEV 510 without power amplifier:

http://www.braun-hifi-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=107

http://thomasm.bock.free.fr/links0.html

I do also have the Braun CSQ 1020 as you mentioned:

http://www.braun-hifi-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=94

A quadrophonic 4 channel preamp for the active LV 720 Braun speakers. The reason why I am writing on this "Aktives Horen" forum. :D The sound performance is still very good and can compete with any more expensive active speaker systems.

Thanks for your interest,

Greetings from Rotterdam,

Joop.
Bild
Antworten