Julian (Zingali Clioent Name EVO 1.2s)

audiophile Biografien unserer Mitglieder
Forumsregeln
Bei Vorstellungen steht die persönliche, subjektive Erfahrungswelt des Verfassers im Vordergrund. Insbesondere soll die Vorstellung als "Visitenkarte" des Mitglieds gewürdigt bzw. respektiert werden. Dialoge sollten hier vorrangig mit dem Verfasser und nicht mit Dritten geführt werden. Siehe auch die Forumsregeln.
Antworten
astrostar59
Aktiver Hörer

Julian (Zingali Clioent Name EVO 1.2s)

Beitrag von astrostar59 »

shakti hat geschrieben:heute stand die Spedition vor der Tuere und hatte 2 schwere pummelige Kisten dabei, meine Freude war entsprechend gross, hatte sich der Transporteure doch viel Zeit gelassen...
Hallo

Sorry, ich bin englisch so schlecht deutsch transation.

Darf ich um Ihre Meinung bitten? Ich denke, Sie haben oder haben eine große Demo der Audio-Note DAC 5 gegen den Lampizator Golden Gate? Ich bin gespannt wie da 2 DACs vergleichen. Ich habe den DAC 5 Special, habe ihn aber ein bisschen aufgerüstet, also nicht ganz auf Lager, vielleicht zwischen dem Special und dem Signature Level.

Ich habe auch die Zingali Clioent Name EVO 1.2s in einem Nahfeld-System. Ich laufe den DAC 5 durch einen passiven direkt zu meinem Plinius SA-103 ,. Ich verwendete, um Audio-Anmerkung Conqueor Monoblöcke 300B laufen zu lassen, aber bevorzugen Sie die Geschwindigkeit und die Berechtigung des Plinius, der ein warmer klingender Verstärker, aber wie Rohre ist.

Mein Zimmer ist nicht so groß, und mit der Zingali ist in der Nähe meiner Hörposition könnte verrückt wirken, aber es funktioniert. Ich bekomme eine großartige Bildbearbeitung und eine schöne Spiegelung mit unglaublicher Geschwindigkeit und Bassdynamik.

Jede Rückmeldung über Ihre Erfahrungen wäre toll.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild
Bild
Rudolf
Webmaster

Beitrag von Rudolf »

Hallo Astrostar,

willkommen im Forum! Bevor es allerdings losgehen kann, bitten wir um eine persönliche Vorstellung. Ich habe daher deinen ersten Beitrag (aus Jürgens [shakti] Vorstellungsthread) hierhin verschoben. Vielleicht verrätst du uns noch deinen richtigen Vornamen, woher du kommst und was deine Beweggründe sind, hier bei uns mitzumachen?

Viele Grüße
Rudolf
Bild
tsaett
Aktiver Hörer

Beitrag von tsaett »

Hallo Rudolf,

Julian hat mich in einem englischsprachigen Forum zu meinen Erfahrungen mit Lampizator und Audio Note gefragt. Da er auch mit Zingali hört dachte ich, ich verweise ihn direkt an den hiesigen Experten Jürgen, der dazu natürlich viel mehr beitragen kann.

Ich hoffe, ihm kann hier weitergeholfen werden, ich werde Jürgen auf diesen Thread aufmerksam machen :cheers:

Christoph
Bild
shakti
Aktiver Händler
Beitrag von shakti »

Hallo "astrostar"
if you have a first name, which can be used in the web, it would be nice to know :-)

You have indeed a nice system, which I know partially very good.

You may have seen in my thread, that I am using the client evo as well, so I do understand the foward and backward between tube and solid with this speakers.

As the total tonal balance is driven by the match between frequency response and impedance curve, the most solid stage amps do fail. With a tube amp, not increasing the poweroutput on different impedance, the client evo goes in balance. I love the client evo with serbian NAT amps (with 211) and CAT Convergent amps, both with speed and resolution.

I am going to try Air Tight ATM 211 soon.

the Audio note Dac 5 special is a well known dac to me, as I owned the dac a couple of years ago.

In a standard situation on red book CD listening I would say, no need to change to Lampizator Golden Gate.

But in your particular situation the GG might be the better choice.

You are using the mfa passive preamp, so finally the dac has to drive the poweramp.

The GG is using powerfull tubes, like 300b in the outputstage, so the GG is able to drive the poweramps better, than the AN5.

Depending on the level of your MFA , a GG with integrated Preamp might be also an interesting alternative.

If you like to use High res
Material from your Computer, there is. o other way , than the GG, as the AN only understands CD resolution, even if 24/96 csn be send to the Input.

I hope, I gave you some thoughts on the subject

best regards
juergen
Bild
astrostar59
Aktiver Hörer

Hello juergen

Thank you! I used to have Audio Note Conquest 300B Monoblocks, but they didn't drive my smaller Zingalis vey well in the bass, and my previous Kff speakers were a disaster with them. I live in Spain so it is very hot in summer, so tube power amplifiers are not so practical. And I have dogs so go out 3 or 4 times a day, and can't leave the tube amps on. My Plinius is quite a tube sounding amplifiers, it can do 150W class A (gets hot) or Class A/B where the first 3 watts re class A. In A/B it is barely warm, so I leave it on 24/7 (for 3 years!!). In Class A it is more tube like, warmer midrange.

The Audio Note DAC AD1865 can accept 18/96 which is higher than 18/44.1. I will feed that when Tital has MQA and Audirvana+ integration in a few weeks time.

Yes, I am curious how the Lampizator sounds. I have read it is best in DSD. The problem is I hate using USB. I have optimised my server to sue Rednet (AOIP) and SPDIF out, as USB with any decrappifier I bought never sounded smooth in the treble to me. Possibly the GG has a great USB input?

I don't / won't buy any DSD, I only buy REDBook CDs for ripping. Tidal is very good so may not buy so many CDs now, though some of the material on Tidal is a bit rough, sounds like MP3 upsampled?

As you can probably imagine, my Zingalis as near field in my smallish music room (4m x 5m) with the door shut, I can pressurise the room and it sounds like a night club! Great speakers Zingalis IMO, I have had 3 types.

Thanks again
shakti
Aktiver Händler
Beitrag von shakti »

The Lampizator GG has a good USB input, standard High end Board, as used from other suppliers as well.
I am also not using DSD, the AD1865 is a nice sounding chip, I use the chip in my current ANK (Audio Note kits) level 5 Silver Signature Dac as well, with the actual input receiver the DAC can understand 24/96, but internally AD 1865 makes 16/41.
I have had the comparison between my current DAC and my former GG , both are very good, the GG is. ore flexibel in terms of tube rolling, as all the good tubes can be used.

in the other hand, GG is heating up the room like a 300b amplifier..., I assume, not your choice in Spain.

Soundwise there is no better between the two dacs.

juergen
Bild
shakti
Aktiver Händler
Beitrag von shakti »

If you really want to improve your set up, you might consider to integrate a level 5 Preamplifier from Audio Note oder Audio Note kits.
I am using the ANK Mentor silver signature with great success!
juergen
Bild
Rudolf
Webmaster

Beitrag von Rudolf »

Julian,

it is part of our forum policy that new members introduce themselves with their brief (preferably: extensive) audiophile vita and musical preferences. This is because we are interested in longtime members rather than visitors who disappear after their questions have been answered.

For this reason we ask you to introduce yourself in more depth. If this is not your interest I may kindly ask you to continue your information exchange with Juergen [shakti] on a personal e-mail basis.

Regards
Rudolf
Bild
astrostar59
Aktiver Hörer

Ok here goes.
I am 57 years old, male and an avid audio enthusiast (on a budget).

I started my interest in audio when I was in my 20's and used to be a mobile DJ and also had a few slots at a night club in the UK. Later as things calmed down (as we get oder!) I started a simp,e hifi system with a Pink Triangle Turntable, Musical Fidelity Phono and Pre-amplifier and Kef 104/2 speakers. My first foray into digital was a used Sharp CD Player around 1982, one of the first ever made. It was huge, was R-2R and sounded pretty good.

Later I bought a much bigger power amplifier the Musical Fidelity A-370-2 and another Musical Fide;pity Pre-ampliifer. Later I changed the pre-amplifier for an Audio Note M3 around 2001. Tubes sounded nice to me, so I later bought some Audio Note Conquest 300B Monoblocks and changed my speakers to the bigger Kef 107s. This did not work so well together, so changed them for some Zingali Overture IIs, much more tube friendly. Various DACs came and went inc Pink Triangle DeCapo, Naim, Meridian, then an Audio Note kit 1.1, then the 3.1 kit,and lastly the 4.1 kit., I heavily modded the 4.1 kit with lots of AN UK parts.

More recently I bought a used Audio Note DAC 5 Special which I have lightly modded with NOS tubes and Duelund caps on the line board.

My 300B amps gopt sold for a Plnius SA-103, I dropped my pre-amplifier out for a passive, and got a PS Audio P10 for clean mains power. Then moved to a Mac Mini with LPS mod (up tone audio) and drooped my many USB chains (M2Tech, Offrmap 5) for a Rednet 3 AOIP.

Later I changed my speakers again for a lightly used pair of Zingali Client Nmae EV) 1.2s and added a Velodyne DD10 sub. Made some granite speakers stands and that is my system up to date.
Antworten