Vincent Kars (thewelltemperedcomputer.com)

audiophile Biografien unserer Mitglieder
Forumsregeln
Bei Vorstellungen steht die persönliche, subjektive Erfahrungswelt des Verfassers im Vordergrund. Insbesondere soll die Vorstellung als "Visitenkarte" des Mitglieds gewürdigt bzw. respektiert werden. Dialoge sollten hier vorrangig mit dem Verfasser und nicht mit Dritten geführt werden. Siehe auch die Forumsregeln.
Antworten
vincent kars
Aktiver Hörer
Vincent Kars (thewelltemperedcomputer.com)

Beitrag von vincent kars »

A bit late to the party I’m afraid.

But somewhere in 2008 I realized that a computer might be a pretty good source for audio.

I did my homework (hanging around too long, too often on too many audio forums) but in the process I discovered what the pro’s has discovered somewhere in the 80’s: the active speaker.

Much to my delight I found this forum dedicated to actives for home use. I also discovered a couple of brands new to me.

Made a reference to this forum on my website. Let see if this will generate some traffic. I also maintain a list of actives: http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/HW/A ... eakers.htm

At the moment I’m looking for an active to replace my stone age Apogee’s.

Thanks

Vincent
Bild
Rudolf
Webmaster

Beitrag von Rudolf »

Hi Vincent,

Your website is dedicated to exactly the same issues that we are discussing here in our forum: active speakers, computer hifi, streaming and so on. It is by far the best designed and most imformative website about these topics that I know of - congratulations!

So I am not quite sure whether we can provide you with more information than you can do vice versa. Nevertheless, maybe these two discussions can still be interesting for you:

1. Have you already studied Gert's Sonos reclocking mod which is one of the highlights in our forum and brings 16/44,1 streaming to its technological height?

2. If it comes to recommendations of active speakers: some of us are addicted to sensor controlled active speakers (also referred to as "motional feedback speakers" or "servo controlled speakers").

Please feel free to post your questions here or directly in one of the topics. We will try to answer them.

Thank you also for placing a link to our forum on your homepage!

:cheers:
Best regards
Rudolf
Bild
vincent kars
Aktiver Hörer

I already used this forum to add a couple of brands to my list of active speakers.
Feel free to do the same with your list as a couple of brands like DSpeaker, Free, AVI, etc. might be included.

Thanks for the kind words about my website.

Vincent
Bild
vincent kars
Aktiver Hörer

Motional feedback: anyone familiar with PSI?

http://www.psiaudio.com/
Bild
Speedy
Aktiver Hörer

Beitrag von Speedy »

Yeah, nothing spectacular, isn't it ?
Bild
axxxxx

Beitrag von axxxxx »

Good morning Vincent,

I just flipped through your homepage and I must say it is really nicely done. Congratulations!
There even are some speakers we don´t have in our catalogue yet.

One statement I would like you to correct though:
A German forum dedicated to active speakers.
This is not "A" German forum dedicated to active speakers. It is THE German forum dedicated to active speakers.

Cheers!
Kai
Antworten