Klangperlen und künstlerische Leckerbissen
Antworten
Franz
inaktiv

Jazz Makers - Girl Of My Dreams (Jazz)

Beitrag von Franz »

Bild
Jazz Makers - Girl Of My Dreams

This disc was a bit of a surprise, coming with the latest batch of classical SACDs from the audiophile-oriented Italian classical label Foné. It features a trad jazz quintet of three horns, Sousaphone and banjo. And the band was formed originally to play during an Italian audio show. Their recording was made in 2000 using a Nagra 4S analog recorder and the original tapes were transferred directly to DSD for the SACD layer. At the same time a Nakamichi 1000 digital recorder was used and its original tapes provided the CD layer of this disc. They performed in a theater with good acoustics and like most such ensembles sort of made up their numbers on the spot. The band is good, though not quite as tight as some of the trad bands on the Opus 3 label from Sweden, though the thought of the superb recording quality reminded me of those efforts from further north. There are some vocals, and the Italian accents give an interesting slant to the performances.

Tracks: Darktown Strutters’ Ball, Big Bad Bully, Nobody Knows the Way I Feel This Morning, Boodie-Oolie, Glory of Love, Shake That Thing, Girl of My Dreams, Rosetta, Wabash Blues, Alexander’s Ragtime Band, Sister Kate, Weary Blues, Someday Sweetheart, Canal Street Blues, Mama Don’t ‘Low.
http://www.audaud.com/audaud/MAR05/hires/hires1.html

Gruß
Franz
Bild
Antworten